"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
BigRigRob

Re: Whats everyone reading?

Post by BigRigRob »

"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY

Post by CHELSEA_SMOKERS_SOCIETY »

god what have i read since last posting in here....

loads of history, including

'Lancaster and York' by Alison Wier: a fascinating but dry account of the first half of the wars of the roses.

'A gambling Man' by jenny Uglow, a brilliant biography of Charles II

and im currently reading 'Cromwell' by Antonia Fraser, a wonderfull biography of a total arse'ole.

once ive finished that, im gonna read about prince rupert, who was an even bigger arse'ole, but probabaly my favourite figure of all time.
Trips to the 'dam: 27
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

The Laundry Man
-
spireax

Post by spireax »

Ploughing my way through a few of Ian Rankin's Rebus novels. He knows how to spin a good yarn.
Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Single and Single by John Le'Carre.

This man is a great storyteller, I think I've read and enjoyed everything he's written. Great cold war books and in recent years he's tackled other global issues. This one is about Russian/former soviet block gangster capitalists, crooked european banks and some turkish bent politicians thrown in. It's a page turner :roll:.
What a long strange trip it is.
fscrissey420

Post by fscrissey420 »

Yesterday's Gone: Season 3
It's the first time I've read serialized fiction - they are writing and releasing it like a television series. End of the world story that's good but not the best I've read. No spoilers here and the format is interesting. I think you can get "season 1" for free still on Amazon.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Right just finished The Walking Dead Compendium 1 which i got for me b-day :wink: (number 2 will be with me in 9 days :lol: ) loved it :mrgreen:
Just started Tokyo Underworld by Robert Whiting & have ,

Hotel K - Kathryn Bonella - about Bali's "Hotel Kerobokan" prison & Papillon - Henri Charriere - which i've meant to get for myself for ages :mrgreen:

Happy reading people :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
treetop

Post by treetop »

I am reading New Tales of the CthullhuMythos Edited by Ramsey Campbell. An ironic title considering it was published almost 25 years ago.

Anyone else into Cthulhu Mythos fiction? In particular I really like hardboiled Cthulhu where they blend the detective/noir and cthulhu to bring a story where the bad guy in the final room is often more than the hero bargains for :twisted:
How much did you produce?
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Stuart Mcbride , Shatter The Bones
-
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Kitchen Confidential, Anthony Bourdain
Amsterdam dreaming.............
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

Recently read:
Barca: The Making of the Greatest Team in the World - Graham Hunter - great insight into the best team ever.
Garrincha: The Triumph and Tragedy of Brazil's Forgotten Footballing Hero by Ruy Castro, translated by Andrew Downie. Really good read, highly recommended. 'One of his legs was two inches shorter than the other. He lost his virginity to a goat, slept with hundreds of women and sired at least 14 children. When he played for the Brazilian national team in the 1950s and early 60s, he scored 34 goals and won the World Cup twice. He killed his mother-in-law in a car crash, then died of drink. His name was Garrincha, and his exploits make Paul Gascoigne look like an amateur.'
The Profession of Violence: The Rise and Fall of the Kray Twins by John Pearson - much better than other Kray books Ive read, really good read.
The Colditz Story (Cassell Military Paperbacks) by Pat R. Reid - account of escaping German POW camp in WW2, interesting but not that well written.
The Last Godfathers: The Rise and Fall of the Mafia's Most Powerful Family - bit boring, not recommended.
The Autobiography of Malcolm X [Book] by Malcolm X, Alex Haley - reread this, amazing.
El Diego - by Diego Armando Maradona - hes a crazy basrtard who talks alot of shit. this book reflects that, but is still enjoyable.
Ronaldo: The Journey of a Genius by James Mosley - well researched and put together.
Footballeur: An Autobiography by Robert Pires - easy read, ok.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HinduDeathCabbage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

KEEP ER LIT
sensi315

Some reading for xmass time

Post by sensi315 »

sorry for the size :shock: