Hestia's Trip, April 2009, Day 11

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
hestia

Hestia's Trip, April 2009, Day 11

Post by hestia »

Day 11, Friday, April 17th.

UP, buzz from the mixed bag, coffee, oj, shower and out the door. I know why the Dutch love the colors of Delf so much, it's the color of a sunny Amsterdam sky. Stopped along the way at a sweet little shop and bought some silver earrings an a killer black & white top.

Then on to the 420. I go up to the bud tender and get another gram of their blueberry. This is smoke is just beautiful. The bud tender showed it to me it in light shining on it. It looks like a million tiny emeralds twinkling. 8) Gimme, gimme, gimme. Also got a gram of NY diesel. Smooth, it is a good choice. My party bag just keeps getting bigger. Borrow my favorite bong and hit my favorite seat for a spell. Lady Grey arrives hot and sweet. I have a little bit of time before everybody starts showing up for this meet and greet, so I'm taking advantage of this window of opportunity to do some writing. I watch the people passing by, much more crowded today, starting the weekend and all. Endless movement with flashes of color intersected with black and white at times like a monster movie, but still like a 1950's film. Wow! Sunlight bouncing off old red bricks, a white blanket hanging out of a window, flashing in eh sparkling sun. An impressive and amazing city.

At around 3:00 p.m. a crowd starts showing up, standing around the bar/bud bar and introducing themselves to each other. I hear names! Names I've come to know from the forum. First AzLaker and wife, Fishing Bob & Pal, Soul Rider (finally). Had to razz Soul Rider for missing the Old Amsterdam meet and the two models. Wowsa :P :P . Pirate raff, Cappy Jack my Old Amsterdam artist buddy, and a gentleman who lives on a house boat a very nice man, but I'll be damned if I can remember his name! Rats! He and his wife run a booth in the western new market, cool stuff too. What nice people!

We all got a big table in the back room of the 420 and proceeded to get acquainted and work up spifs, bongs and vapor bags galore. We all had a very good time, an excellent first meet an greet. A bit after 6:00 I had to go, Hennie and I are going out tonight and party like we're Dutch cousins. I think everyone else went to the Paradox to continue the party.

At the room by 7:00, get changed, reapply makeup. Do a big pipe of 420 bag mix on the terrace with a strong cup of Dutch coffee and am reedy to go by 7:30. We go over in the westerpark hood to a restaurant called Eets Plak. What a nice place! old dark wood,, brown walls and filled with locals. I was the only one from out of town, so to speak. Now I think hat the Dutch people have a fine & bitchen good sense of humor. It's just very down to earth. If you are lucky enough to be allowed to enter their world, you'll find out that they're funny, kind, open hearted people. I've heard some comments that Amsterdamers are hard to get to know. I strongly disagree. These people, especially the women, are just like my people back home, like sisters, cousins, friends. I recognize the vegs they give me. Hennie had pork ribs w/ pomme fritts. I had a wild hair stew. Very interesting, a good dish. After eating we went outside to the tables and had coffee & cigarettes. The night had gone a bit chilly so we bundled up with our new scarfs and enjoyed ourselves letting our meal settle.

Afterwards we went to the 2 swans Jenever bar/cafe. This place was packed with more locals carrying on, singing, laughing, drinking beer Jenever & wine. Shoulder to shoulder. Hot as hell inside. I was laughing my ass off. It was a good night out. Everyone had a great time and nobody threw up on me, I win! :!:

So back to Hennie's and to bed. Jammies, TV & a pipe, nite, nite.
:)

Bethlehem

Post by Bethlehem »

Good report thanks for putting up, very much enjoyed reading it. The wild hair stew sounds really disgusting though. Unless of course you mean wild hare LOL
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
stew1974

Post by stew1974 »

nice reports Hestia :)
Bethlehem "wild hair stew" is what i'm known round these parts and i aint disgusting :lol:
hestia

Post by hestia »

you know It could have been much worse like "wild hair pie"( my apoligies I just couldn't stop myself) I totally understand if this gets deleated! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Boner

Post by Boner »

The people who live on the houseboat are called Ted aka Tak & Holly, real nice people.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Re: Hestia's Trip, April 2009, Day 11

Post by ed the head »

Great report! Vividly captures the wonders of Amsterdam.
hestia wrote:Day 11, Friday, April 17th.

I've heard some comments that Amsterdamers are hard to get to know. I strongly disagree.
:)
I agree with your disagreement :shock: :roll: meaning I have gotten to know Amsterdamers whom I love, and they have wonderful senses of humor :D
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

great reporting Hestia lovin your writing style :lol: 8)