Beverage prices

Restaurants and takeaways.
Fred Lemonjello

Beverage prices

Post by Fred Lemonjello »

Hey good people!
I'm trying to get a feel for the prices of Tasty Beverages in the 'Shops' & Pubs.
Over a 10 to 12 day period these purchases can add up, just want to make sure I have plenty of cash.
Could you guys give me an average run down on these:
Milk Shakes
White Coffee
Orange Juice - Fresh Squeezed
Fanta/ Soda Pop
Weiss & Wit Beers

Right now my average daily expenses are E70 - E75 per day for smoke, food and drinks.

THX
Fred

4th Trip~ 19-30 Nov 2009
BARBIE

Post by BARBIE »

Suprised some one didnt reply to this thread, i know its old but i will answer just in case others have similar questions but dont want to double post.

Its expensive to eat and drink in Amsterdam unless you know the local spots. Which arent generally found near the Centre.

We have paid 2E up to 3E for a can of pop... Can be bought for around 1.50E in the mini shops rather then coffee shops etc.

Its always more expensive for a drink in a coffee shop, because they make a decent margin/profit from it, and were kind of obliged to buy one.

Beer is a big one, it can change massively depending on were you are. Ive paid 7 even 8E for a beer in a pubstyle coffee shop, and the same in town on a night.

Expect to pay 5e for a beer and dont expect it to look like a pint sized no headed lager you get in the UK.

Coffe 2 - 2.50E but in my experience the coffee's in coffee shops are amazing, i mean it figures they are called CS after all, but we overlook that for the "Goodies", the coffees are a real delight.

And food is up or down, either here nor there, can be pricey can be cheap, if you want to eat out and enjoy places discussed her i would look to be taking around 100E per day. Travel can hit you on the trams etc, food and drink i allow 25E for myself per day minimum and "Goodies" well that depends how deep your wallat is. Because we all could spend 100 - 150 without breaking a sweat, just dont over do it with excitement.

Many of us learn the hard way like i did. Over excitment leading for each of us in our party to buy 2 - 3 grams each in every coffee shop we enetered, and although seasoned smokers we wasted alot... and ran out of money really quick.

First trip i took 400 quid cash, after my hotels and flights.. for 4 nights.. i ran out of money on the 3rd day.

But you live and learn, and ENJOY
Thats some Dank Dank Indica............
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

Buy the big bottles of juice or water from Albert Heijn for 1-3 euros. Carry that in your bag and drink from it between stops, it'll save you a lot.

Budgeting depends on your tolerance to thc and what you'd like to smoke.
No Victim? No Crime.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Ash333 wrote:Buy the big bottles of juice or water from Albert Heijn for 1-3 euros. Carry that in your bag and drink from it between stops, it'll save you a lot.

Thats it ash! i have a small bottle that fits in my inside pocket & it came in handy a few times.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Ash333 wrote:Buy the big bottles of juice or water from Albert Heijn for 1-3 euros. Carry that in your bag and drink from it between stops, it'll save you a lot.

i usually buy a few sodas and keep them in my pack and drink them throughout the day.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
SeniorHippies

Drinks

Post by SeniorHippies »

I have been bringing my thermos bottle and leave the B&B every day with it filled with hot tea. I don't know if "thermos bottle" translates to UK English; it's a covered dewar, insulated container. The top is a cup. I'm always ready to sit outside and have a hot cup of tea and a joint.
Twichaldinho

Re: Drinks

Post by Twichaldinho »

SeniorHippies wrote:I have been bringing my thermos bottle and leave the B&B every day with it filled with hot tea. I don't know if "thermos bottle" translates to UK English; it's a covered dewar, insulated container. The top is a cup. I'm always ready to sit outside and have a hot cup of tea and a joint.
Us Scots( Brits? ) call them Flasks...or thermos if you are a little bit posher :lol:
Endure
HENRY VIII

Post by HENRY VIII »

Good advice on the drinks costs I have been trying to find this out for ages finally some answers

Although I would like to know how much thesemilkshakes everybody talks about and where to get them
SeniorHippies

Drinks

Post by SeniorHippies »

I have a small uninsulated metal "bottle" for carrying a bit of the wife's favorite gin. I call it a flask. Do you use a different word for that sort of thing?
blackshore

Post by blackshore »

SeniorHippies wrote:I have a small uninsulated metal "bottle" for carrying a bit of the wife's favorite gin. I call it a flask. Do you use a different word for that sort of thing?
Yeah we'd call that a flask in England too - you'd take that filled with booze when you go on a fox hunt - tally ho!

the insulated vacumn thermos flask we would fill with tea to drink on the side of the motorway when we stop for lunch with some sandwiches and battenberg cake on a long car trip (30+ miles)
SeniorHippies

Drinks

Post by SeniorHippies »

Another cost control measure we employ when in Amsterdam is a small immersible water heater which is made for Europe. My current B&B has a kitchen, but sometimes, if my hotel booking doesn't specify tea and coffee service, we use the little heater to make tea. It takes only about 90 seconds to make a big mug of tea. I buy some Pickwick tea at Albert Hein, along with sugar, and "biscuits" for the price of a couple of cups at the hotel. They could also make soup in a cup type food, or hot cereal.

They're getting hard to find though in the travel catalogues. You can find one at www.magellans.com for US$12.85. It's not hard to save that small sum at 5e a pot.
HerrÖveri

Post by HerrÖveri »

I didin't want to start a new topic for a simple question, sorry for intruding this thread with my own stuff.

How much money do you guys use on daily food in Amsterdam? I've planned that my overall day budget would go somewhere around 70e-120e, including weed, food, possible museums and transportation tickets. I'm pretty sure that my food in this situation means something fatty, sugary and unhealthy as possible (damn those munchies...), so I'll head to pizza/burger/tortilla/chinese etc joints to satisfy my hunger. Is one average meal somewhere around 5-15e? Luckily Kooyk hotel seems to have a buffet breakfast, so that'll save me a few coins.
load bongs, not guns
minus orange

Post by minus orange »

SeniorHippies wrote:I have a small uninsulated metal "bottle" for carrying a bit of the wife's favorite gin. I call it a flask. Do you use a different word for that sort of thing?
We generally refer to those as "hip flasks".
Valo

Post by Valo »

HerrÖveri wrote:How much money do you guys use on daily food in Amsterdam? I've planned that my overall day budget would go somewhere around 70e-120e, including weed, food, possible museums and transportation tickets.
For all of that then you would be looking at the higher end of your budget. You can check (and book) museum prices online so you can plan ahead for that. I think you can still get a 72 hour tram pass for around €15 too which can be bought at the GVB ticket office just outside of the Central Station.

As for smoke, it depends on how much you want without sounding too obvious. If i'm going for 4/5 days then i usually give myself a €50 per day limit which gets me between 3-6g of smoke, depending on if i want a more expensive strain. That is usually enough considering i don't smoke joints....only pipes, bongs or a vapo.

I probably give myself around €50-70 for food and drink. This is largely due to i do spend a lot of time in coffeeshops and often have a drink or two and chocolate bar. To save some money then you could buy some drinks from a local shop and take a walk somewhere or have a smoke in the park. I usually eat wok to walk for my 'main meal' which is around €10 euro with a drink. Then any snacks like a baguette or junk food inbetween would be around €10-20 depending.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
HerrÖveri

Post by HerrÖveri »

Valo wrote:
As for smoke, it depends on how much you want without sounding too obvious. If i'm going for 4/5 days then i usually give myself a €50 per day limit which gets me between 3-6g of smoke, depending on if i want a more expensive strain. That is usually enough considering i don't smoke joints....only pipes, bongs or a vapo.

I probably give myself around €50-70 for food and drink. This is largely due to i do spend a lot of time in coffeeshops and often have a drink or two and chocolate bar. To save some money then you could buy some drinks from a local shop and take a walk somewhere or have a smoke in the park. I usually eat wok to walk for my 'main meal' which is around €10 euro with a drink. Then any snacks like a baguette or junk food inbetween would be around €10-20 depending.
Whoo, I guess I'll be skipping some museums and stick to the basics, eating and smoking. I tend to use bong way much more than joints, shame to admit, but I suck at rolling those, haha. Plus I feel that I get much more out from the bong. Somehow I feel I don't reach the 5g limit per day, back in home I smoke something like 2-3g per day, if I'm having a full day with it. Have to ask someone from CSD help with vapos if crashed to the same place, I'm still a virgin with those machines :).

Not a bad idea to buy 1.5l bottle of water and maybe some fruits and stock 'em on my backpack, little money can get you far sometimes.

Getting used to being wrong all the time, I thought Amsterdam would be a bit cheaper than Helsinki, like somewhere around Berlin or Bremen in Germany, where you could get a kebab or a burger for 3-5e. Maybe it's better to forget the restaurants and stick to hamburgers and some other junk foods.

Thanks for the tips :)
load bongs, not guns