First time grow

Including growing tips and questions.
seanlyall

First time grow

Post by seanlyall »

A couple of my mates want to grow outdoor this summer, they were looking at some big budah seeds, but none of them (including me) have any idea when to plant, what to do etc.

Any help on the subject would be great.

How many seeds are needed to plant?
When do you plant them?
Do you just stick them in the ground or do you need special feeder or something?

I know it's alot to ask and I have read previous threads but not got the answers.

Cheers in advance.

One convenient location... in Africa.
Boner

Post by Boner »

I only normally put a few autoflowering plants in some pots on my patio, I dont know if anyone on here grow outdoors but if I was you I'd do some research here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=11 and here: http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f7/
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13387/The-Cannabis-Grow-Bible

There is loads of info on the two sites Boner mentioned but a book to read first will help you understand the questions you will be asking

Good luck and enjoy your grow.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

you need 8 seeds to grow one plant...water with warm milk,,,,,,,,its all here...start reading..youll be smokin in 5 months
rockin into the night
Uncle Ron

Re: First time grow

Post by Uncle Ron »

seanlyall wrote:A couple of my mates want to grow outdoor this summer, they were looking at some big budah seeds, but none of them (including me) have any idea when to plant, what to do etc.

When do you plant them?
Do you just stick them in the ground or do you need special feeder or something?

I know it's alot to ask and I have read previous threads but not got the answers.

Cheers in advance.
You have been given some sound advice, use the search function and prepare to do some serious reading, or should I say your "mates" should. Speaking of mates, why don't they do the research? Hmm, just saying.

Here are a few tips.
1. Geographic location: The further away from the equator, the more adjustments are needed, such as when to plant and when to harvest. Temperature and sunlight hours are primary factors.
2. When to plant: If growing near 50 Deg N Latitude (approximately the middle of Europe), search for climate data, more specifically, frost data. Give at least one week after the last signs of frost before planting outside. Frost is a killer.
3. Seeds:
- Buy feminized outdoor seeds.
- The number of seeds needed depends on how many plants one wants to grow. If a reputable source is used, plan on all seeds germinating.
- As for planting, there are many ways to plant the seed: Straight into moist soil, 1/8" deep with the pointy part of the seed facing skywards; Use peat pellets; Use wet paper towels; etc...................

Peace
SHIVA 11

Re: First time grow

Post by SHIVA 11 »

seanlyall wrote:A couple of my mates want to grow outdoor this summer, they were looking at some big budah seeds, but none of them (including me) have any idea when to plant, what to do etc.

When do you plant them?

Cheers in advance.
hi Sean, i grow outdoors in the North East , first thing is find your plot, South East facing must get six hours direct sunlight a day.Most strains will not finish in the UK especially the further north you get . My latitude is 54N ..Good varieties for outdoor are Passion1 , frisian dew, easy sativa, purple power, Afghani Milk,

Start them off indoors till they are a few weeks old and then harden them off outdoors plant out mid may after last frost. Do not just stick them in the ground and hope they will grow. Prepare some plots now with some fish blood and bone , chicken shit rotted ,and dont forget to protect against pests rabbits etc .Use female seeds and check once a month. If you are lucky end of september october you will have a harvest. 3 to 6 oz per plant.

However this may sound easy but remember if your plot is not hidden you will not get jack shit. Plot security is key go where other people dont .If you have to burrow into a bramble patch and clear out the centre then good .You will be suprised how many guerillas there are!!!!

I would recommend UK420 guerilla forum everything you need is there,it is a right buzz sneaking around but not for everyone. if you register i will see you there .

It is a massive subject that takes some research but well worth while,on the plus side they dont call em weeds for nowt
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

USBONGLORD wrote:you need 8 seeds to grow one plant...water with warm milk,,,,,,,,its all here...start reading..youll be smokin in 5 months
:lol:

Would that be camel milk or mouse milk??
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

hulldj wrote:
USBONGLORD wrote:you need 8 seeds to grow one plant...water with warm milk,,,,,,,,its all here...start reading..youll be smokin in 5 months
:lol:

Would that be camel milk or mouse milk??
Probably Vanilla :wink:
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

oh,absolutly vanilla....the vanilla kush is comin along just fine,thanks for asking...first week of april should be fun....cheesus,vk and some mighty hog making a welcome 420 appearence...oh shit and dont forget the soguda
rockin into the night
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

USBONGLORD wrote:oh,absolutly vanilla....the vanilla kush is comin along just fine,thanks for asking...first week of april should be fun....cheesus,vk and some mighty hog making a welcome 420 appearence...oh shit and dont forget the soguda
is mighty hog similiar to "hogsbreath"?
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

USBONGLORD wrote:oh,absolutly vanilla....the vanilla kush is comin along just fine,thanks for asking...first week of april should be fun....cheesus,vk and some mighty hog making a welcome 420 appearence...oh shit and dont forget the soguda
Hows the Barneys farm genetics?
Defeating evil with a thing called love
Stanky Danky

Post by Stanky Danky »

People can hate on Barney's all they want, but that Vanilla Kush was some of the best weed I've smoked in the Dam.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

Stanky Danky wrote:
People can hate on Barney's all they want, but that Vanilla Kush was some of the best weed I've smoked in the Dam.
i dont think its the quality they knock, but their inflated prices. cheapest item on the menu white widow at like 10e a gram. thats a 7-8e strain on most other menues. personally i'll only go in for the g13 haze.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
seanlyall

Post by seanlyall »

Thanks guys, your help is appreciated.

Neither of our mates knew anything and I have an account on here so I thought i'd ask :D

I dont think any of us can start the plant off indoors, is there any solution to this or is it a must?

Once again guys thanks for your help, I have done some reading and we are investing in the materials for compost the now and as for area I have a few places in mind that I will check out very soon.

I'm really excited about this and will probably fail first time but for some reason i'm really game for this.

Cheers guys.

Sean.
One convenient location... in Africa.
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

I'll knock the quality of Barneys quite happily.
Defeating evil with a thing called love