Nug's Live & Local: 4/20 The Gathering vol. 2, 2017 ("Roll on 420")

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Nuggz

Nug's Live & Local: 4/20 The Gathering vol. 2, 2017 ("Roll on 420")

Post by Nuggz »

Preface

After four brief days in sunny Italy, I made my final preparations to come back. My missus and I packed our belongings up and boarded the car from my family's countryside residence to the "local" trainstation, ten minutes down the road.

We arrived "L***go Stazione" a small two track station that seems to be more utilized by local geriatrics for its lively bar, than for actual transportation purposes. The actual platform(s), well all two, seem to be pretty empty. The missus and I take advantage of this and load up the last of our trip stash, which was transported from Amsterdam using magical floo-powder. Karma Genetics "Headstash", first refined as bubble-hash, and then a second time as rosin. Headstash Ice Rosin! The rosin, with the help of a G-pen slim had been an excellent companion maintaining me and my better half in a constant, agreeable glowing buzz the past four days.

The g-pen looking akin to a basic e-cig model offered unparalleled flexibility and freedom of use. While in the main city (where my sister lives, not the small village where the rest of my family reside) I was able to steadily puff away in even the main square unnoticed. The rosin itself offered a distinct floral, soapy, OG-typical profile which I found both agreeable and very signature of the gardener from which it originally came. The only bummer of the pen, was that rosin leaves a carbon based residue over time, on both nails and heating elements - one which does not occur with say well-purged BHO. I digress, because of this and the sensitivity of the heating element, the ability to clean this carbon crust and improve declining flavor was quite limited suffice to say that with this last bowl loaded at the tiny rural station, I was ready to bin my reliable companion with gusto once it gave its last puff!

Pen having done its trick it's trick for the last time, gets tossed. The effects of the Headstash ice rosin, induce some very smooth and relaxing effects. A short while later our transit pulls up, we disembark the dab train and board an actual train, and just like that we're off to the airport. Eager to get home to the festivities of 420, made the nerves a hair more shot than usual. A brief spat of turbulence verging on what I'd describe as "violent", mid-flight, did not help either, spent quite a bit of time white-knuckling my arm-rests and offering signs-of-the-cross in desperate attempt to avoid meeting my maker.

Sometime later, not having had my aluminium airborne transit tube ripped out of the sky, and having landed in one piece we were in Mokum and thus my story truly begins.
Last edited by Nuggz on Tue 25th Apr 2017 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Smirks

Re: Nug's Live & Local: 4/20 The Gathering vol. 2, 2017 ("Roll on 420")

Post by Smirks »

If it had been an "in vain" attempt you'd already be dead.
kushy

Post by kushy »

Nice one Nug's, looking forward to the next installment!

Been on a bit of a mission myself to find a decent vape pen for rosin. Already tried a few with limited success. It seems that extra bit of plant material in rosin, effects considerably the vaping experience. Even with a full ceramic oven, like with the Dabstorm 2, where cleaning is much easier. There is still a moment when the flavour turns from okish to extremely harsh, almost toxic. I've also tried the Boundless cf 710 and the Dr Dabber and still get that burn, smeechy-hell taste. It seems like the slower heating-up times, already generates reclaim from the rosin, which inturn becomes a burnt taste.

I've switched from coffee filters to 25 micron mesh, when making the rosin, to try and get more purity. I've also tried using the concentrate chamber on a boundless CFX, which is much smoother but can't get to the high temps to really get the best out of the concentrate. I'm waiting to try the Puffco Plus, but not getting my hopes up it'll be any better. Thinking of trying the wax liquifier and getting a tank for my Dabstorm, but I don't like the idea of vaping yet another material after purifying the hash already.

What I do love is the ease and portability of concentrates, especially for those chilled holiday moments you write about, so I hope the right device comes along soon!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

kushy wrote: Wed 19th Apr 2017 08:59 am Nice one Nug's, looking forward to the next installment!

Been on a bit of a mission myself to find a decent vape pen for rosin. Already tried a few with limited success. It seems that extra bit of plant material in rosin, effects considerably the vaping experience. Even with a full ceramic oven, like with the Dabstorm 2, where cleaning is much easier. There is still a moment when the flavour turns from okish to extremely harsh, almost toxic. I've also tried the Boundless cf 710 and the Dr Dabber and still get that burn, smeechy-hell taste. It seems like the slower heating-up times, already generates reclaim from the rosin, which inturn becomes a burnt taste.

I've switched from coffee filters to 25 micron mesh, when making the rosin, to try and get more purity. I've also tried using the concentrate chamber on a boundless CFX, which is much smoother but can't get to the high temps to really get the best out of the concentrate. I'm waiting to try the Puffco Plus, but not getting my hopes up it'll be any better. Thinking of trying the wax liquifier and getting a tank for my Dabstorm, but I don't like the idea of vaping yet another material after purifying the hash already.

What I do love is the ease and portability of concentrates, especially for those chilled holiday moments you write about, so I hope the right device comes along soon!
In my experience clean, well-purged BHO doesn't leave this residue, which is why I've grown to prefer it. Take that FWIW!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Great read so far bruh. Keep it coming 8)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Night-I: Post-turbulence haste

Touchdown in Mokum, my flight having delivered me to the promised land in tact, I'm still on the tarmac and already quick to power on my phone and start making arrangements to kick-off 4/20 festivities.

I start scouring the forum for whereabouts and happenings. I'm quickly in touch with the Copenhagen Couple and OneHighMofo. These two have become closest confidantes among ACD-meet up buddies in Amsterdam, so I'm interested to see what this unholy union brings to the smoking table. Great lads all of them, and I'm excited that my two favorite parties of smoking buddies have finally met and come together for this glorious occasion

It's already well past midnight, and per my previous anticipation on a Monday night, all 420-friendly venues of which I'm in the know of, will be closing at the oh so decisive hour of 1am. However, luckily I have an ace up my sleeve courtesy on the elusive Mr. Mofo and his choice in accomodation - the Bulldog Hotel. A few quick inquiries revealed that they would be open till about 2:30 am that evening.

The missus feeling quite under the weather, decided to splurge on an Uber as she couldn't be bothered waiting for the train. Score for me, as this cuts time between me and my welcome party considerably. We pull up to our house on the Keizersgracht - I run upstairs, swap out my luggage with party goods, make the missus a flu-tea, wish her well and I'm off faster than you can utter "free weed".

It's already 1 o' clock or so now, and Mofo is sending me texts saying to hurry, because once the bouncer closes the door it'll be difficult to convince him to let me in as a non-guest. Frantically pedaling my way from the Canal-belt to RLD, quick seven minute or so jaunt and bam and smack dab in front of the Bulldog Hotel. A few unanswered calls to our favorite lanky Yorkshire lad, drats! Then out of the corner of my eyes I see the goofy bastard heading for me. We greet each other in true bromance fashion, hugging it the fuck out as two bros naturally will!

OHMF ushers me into the smoking lounge, where him and our Danish compadres have managed to secure a corner spot adorned with couches and a coffee table. Unfortunately the distance between the two sofas on either side of the table make semi-shouting a bit of a necessity. Nonetheless, I greet my favorite Danes with warm embraces and heady hellos. Pleasantries out of the way, it's time to get this crackin' session underway.

Mr. CC unsheathes some 24k Gold Shatter he had found alongside some canal the day prior. Proffering a dab, I happily oblige him, potent sour, chemmy oranges, and citrusy lysol, flavor is spot on with this one, and potency even more so. A+ material right here folks, I make a note to go search the canal bank for my own such shatter tomorrow. We all shoot the shit a brief while longer, until a day of heroic sized dabs from the batcave seems to claim its first casualty -Mr. CC. Our beloved Danes exchange that look and a pair of yawns, they're too tuckered out to carry on. We bid each other adieu looking forward to many more heady sessions to come.

Mofo and I enjoy the lounge a short while longer, until staff flip on the lights and basically tell us to "beat it", especially me since they remembered I wasn't a guest. We pack up our stuff, (and a few vape bowls and joints skinned) and head out into the debauchery of de Wallen, inviting our joints outside to take in the streetlights. Windy walks with the canna-bros, our bromantic stroll coming to an end, we stumble upon "Favorite Chicken" a British fried chicken franchise (on second thought maybe it's "Favourite Chicken" but this yank gives absolutely zero fucks about such semantics). I had previous heard this shop's praises sung by avid rapper/foodie/dabber and former chef "Action Bronson" on his Viceland program "Fuck That's Delicious", in a particular episode which he visited Amsterdam and this particular Favorite Chicken location. I took this opportunity to sample what all the fuss was about, "1 fillet chicken burger please!", moments later I'm rewarded with a generously sized and surprisingly delicious chicken-sandwich for all of 3.50 euros, not bad at all, make a note to come back - little did I know that "to come back" actually meant that it would be frequented by myself and the fiets fetishists (aka the A-team) nearly every night to follow.

Our walk has finally taken us back full-circle to the front of the Bulldog, it's coming on 3 am and we have a very heroic and heady session(s) to power through tomorrow, so we call it a night and split off in search of dab-fueled slumber, agreeing to meet up tomorrow for a wake and bake brekkie at La Grotte!
Last edited by Nuggz on Tue 25th Apr 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

April 18: Day - I, Tasting Sessions & Birthday Bashes

My sleep the night prior was not as wholesome as I had hoped for. My eagerness to see the whole ACD crew kept the "Zzz's" at bay. I wake up around 8:30am and enjoy a wake'n'bake of Silver Bubble from the Sticky Brick Jr. Before getting in touch with Mofo and Ricky-dude. We arrange to meet up at La Grotte for our traditional stoner-brekkie.

A short time later, and 5-minute walk up the street later and I'm there.It's great to see not just OHMF, but also his lovely brother Ricky. I haven't seen the lad since his last Mokum visit the previous June, so it's wonderful to catch up with him. I for one one enjoy his cynical brand of humor and take on life - eye rolling and titty-aching included. He's already bickering on about having to bike, and assuredly a good portion of our wake and bake convo is dedicated to me giving him some friendly ribbing and offering him THC-infused salve to ease his aching titties! :wink: :twisted: :mrgreen: A nice protein-rich breakfast of Dutch "uitsmijter" (bacon & eggs), a few vape bowls and doobs and this sector of the A-team is up and ready to conquer the world one dab at a time. After our bill has been paid, we hash it out over the next plans. We consider scouring the side of the canal for odd bits and ends to stock up our waning stashes. We even get as far as heading our cycles that way, before the canal sloshes an urgent message saying now is not a good time, and that side of the canal will be cannabis laden later, in the centrum.

Well that's a bummer, fortunately I have other mates with heady wares. A short while later we're making the way to another mate's house to get some Karmarado OG, this is the exact same one now on Voyagers (same grower and harvest) for 15 euros a gram, being in the know has helped me secure it for 11 a gram instead, I'm a cheap-skate what can I say. Me Mofo and Ricky all stock up with our top-shelf nuggets, as luck would have it, this source is not too far from Ballonetje, our next port of call for the prearranged tasting session.

We zip over to the Balloon, however in oh-so-typical feline fashion we're drawn towards a picturesque dock along the entrepotdok, we take in the scenery the street adorned with alphabetically orderded listing of the larger Dutch towns and cities above each doorway.

Furthermore we can catch a cheeky glimpse of so non-indigenous fauna in their cells at the Artis zoo, we make out a giraffe in the distance whilst twisting up some doobs of the Karmarado OG, noting that it does indeed get us "higher than giraffe's pussy". Floral, soapy, sweet fragrant OG notes, very OG but on the sweeter on of the spectrum rather than sour chemmy. Excellent calyx and trich development, delivering a doozy of a full on couch lock stone. Thumbs up from this cannaseur.

Cheeky doob pit stop sated and we're once again en route to Balloon for our first ACD exclusive session. A short ride later we're on the scene and are greeted by an impressive legion of ACDers just taking over. On the scene are Matty, Macky, Lemming, CC, KeyMonCha, Danny, Amsterslabs710, MadMaxx, SpiderGawd, Miss Muffet, Smirks and more I'm sure I'm forgetting, in short and impressive turn out to say the least. On the table are some 5+ gram bags of SFV OG, Tangie and G13xMr.Nice. I zero in on the Tangie and enjoy some Pax 3 chambers of the citrusy goodness, a fine example of one of my favorite strains at a reasonable 13.50 per gram - will be back for some of this at some point.

Session well underway it's great to catch up with a few familiar faces, and make acquaintances with many new ones. This is what make the conviviality of the 420 gatherings so magical. A short time later, the owner Roger proffers as a platter of finger-sandwiches and reaffirms all refreshments for ACDers are indeed free. He returns with a stack of Het Ballonetje apparel. I see a heather-grey zip-up hoodie that all but has my name on it (some of my good friend work here/friend of the establishment and all have so I've wanted one for a while too), just in a knick of time I throw my "dibs" laden hand all on the hoodie and hold it up in triumph, one of the cool kids now I'll tell ya! Big ups to het Ballonnetje team for their generous hospitality, especially Freddie and owner Roger!

The clock has now rounded 15:00, our anticipated arrival, for our second invitational session of the day - The Stud. Located deep in Amsterdam east, many of the other ACD faithful begin to gradually file out, via tram, bus or shoelace express - until finally we're left with the diehards, the fiets fetishishists: Myself, OHMF, Rickydude and the CC. Surprise that the crew of cyclists turns out to be my closest confidantes in the ACD army, but at the same time not really - because if you're gonna hang with nugs, ya gotta get a bike, 'nuff said! A few rosbief broodjes for the road, and me and the lads have boarded a trusty steel steeds in an eastward direction to the Stud, with myself leading the expedition. A nice jaunt into the Eastern fringes of Mokum later (and a few near death mishaps by our beloved Ricky) and we've arrived at our destination.

When I enter the Stud, I inform the management that we're part of the ACD group, and am surprised to learn that we're the first arrivals, rather than stragglers (cat herding at its finest eh?), what's more conversing with me in Dutch, he assumes I'm the ringleader of this forum. Nonetheless, he gets us situated in the rear smoking room, and lemming turns up mere minutes later to assume his rightful throne in the ACD hierarchy. The Stud has also prepared some nice samples for us to dig in to. Of note were the Kosher x Shoreline and the Popeye. The Shoreline cross, is well just that, lime-green buds, the unmistakable rich berry-wood aromas of Shoreline, and a vaped palate to match at the 10.50 a gram (.9 for a tenner) this ones a steal, and takes in top-honors for best CS value I saw the whole week, another once which I will come back for. The Popeye was a a gorgeous kushy/musky, calyxy specimen, not at all unlike some batches of "LA Kush" which I've found along the canal-side in the past. At 1.2 for 10 euros it was also very reasonably priced. The G13 they proffered also had some of the whitest burning ash I saw all week.

The Stud session is where the hardcore smokers were separated from the more occasional tokers. In the first place, not as many made it out to this sesh as to Balloon, because well naturally it's located further afoot. By the end of the Stud session not surprisingly the last standing survivors were yet again the Fietsers. Doing our best to burn through the last of the sample wares and pin down a plan of action, we pack up and head off into the sunshine. Original plan is to make for Oosterpark for some more sunshine and dabs, which then becomes Cannabis College, which then becomes "Ah fuck it let's just get to Bat-cave and secure ideal seating for the stragglers later". The A-team singing out agreement in unison and we're off. A bit of scrambling around to get our beloved bikes parked and secured and we Batavia, descending directly into the bat-cave and it's already quite packed, and not just with other patrons but a dense cloud of tobacco heavy smoke much to my chagrin. Nonetheless we commence the strategic and arduous task of a German sun lounger manuever, in an effort to secure an ACD takeover of Batavia's rookruimte.

This is no small feat as the ICmag forum is hosting their exclusive cup in town this week and their own en masse gathering has taken over the rear half of the rookruimte. Nonetheless working my German sun lounger magic with some strategically placed articles of clothing, I'm slowly winning the war against the smoke room crowd, whilst my physical state is losing the war against the dense and noxious tobacco fumes which have been building all day.

OHMF has set up the e-nail in the large center table which is the epicenter of our smoke room conquest. I don't manage to hang with the dabs as well as normal, the beer and thick acrid smoke has really taken its toll. I chalk it up to me becoming soft since having "fucked combustion" (only vaping flower and dabbing concentrates). More and more of the ACD cats are slowly herded in expanding our ACD rule over the front half of the smoking room.

The canal reports that it has sloshed some new product on to its shores on some dark random corner of Mokum. I go to gather the goods. 24k shatter, Blueberry Poison and Love Potion for myself and some Critical CBD for the missus, who is sick and dankrupt I zip back to the canal belt to bring her some herbal remedies. It's good to catch a break from the particularly "rokig" rookruimte.

Along the way I also find some shoe hash along the canal a dark, hard, lump of classic rif genetics with a spicy nose and red interior that turns quite soft with a little handling. The poison berry is a sour fizzy, floral and vaguely sweet musky notes, in need of a better cure but extremely unique bouquet for sure. The Love Potion is more of a spicy, pungent skunky sativa, with more typical but equally beguiling aroma. Unfortunately my state does not offer me much chance to properly sample these new bits, that will have to be saved for later.

When I return to the bat-cave I notice that the ICmag crew is absent and thus our rookruimte campaign has pivoted towards the rear half of the salon. I squeeze in most ACDers have arrived by now, Lemming, Spider, Papi, Nathan and birthday boy guest of honor Macky and his crew. The session is now officially underway, and going great. I catch up with the dab train enthusiasts being led by Mr. CC and the mofo. I gift the former the shoe hash I found earlier, which being a seasoned hash head is quite pleased with.

Session ablaze, the dab train is rolling full steam ahead, gang's all here and the good times are a rolling - except for one thing - the benefits of my prior fresh air excursion quickly diminished to zero upon returning to the dab dungeon alcohol and second hand smoke taking their toll, I'm still far from tip top. Macky takes a keen interest in my declining state and I quickly become the butt of the birthday boy's relentless friendly ribbing.

Old school forum member and good friend Elastic band makes and appearance and some point and provides heady ambience to an already crispy crew. After some time I'm gonna guess around midnight the smoke and accompanying nausea become to much so I rally the fiets crew in an effort to secure some late night munchies - having missed the Batavia kitchen's 9:30 cutoff in my previously incapacitated state.

Me, CC, Ricky dude and the motherfucker make towards where else but Favorite Chicken for some artery clogging goodness. Please insert your American stereotype jabs here folks!
After our bellies are full, we take a brief stroll around de Wallen for a few cheeky vapes and doobs. And yet again call it night sometime around half midnight.
Last edited by Nuggz on Tue 25th Apr 2017 02:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Oh the memories :)
Keep it coming bro. I love reading everyone else's reports of the same trip it's amazing.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Very nicely written DLN. I enjoyed remembering the Balloon and Stud visits they were really cool. Love these travelogues as I can't remember very much at all these days. :roll: 8) But the ACD 420 crew is mental :shock: In the nicest way. :D
What a long strange trip it is.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Great stuff so far! Looking forward to the rest of this report and others of the crew...keep it coming man, Im waiting ......impatiently haha 😜😁
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Updated will try to add more soon!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Day-II: A so-called "chill" day or something

After a heavy day, the night prior I'm up and at em surprisingly early Wednesday morning. A few text messages, and I'm already en route to link up with the Yorkshire brothers (Ricky & Mofo) for what's become an all but ritualistic brekkie at La Grotte. A few uitsmijters served up, the lads batteries are charged and rearing to go. Just as we're settling our tab, Chopper Mike arrives and accompanies to our next port of call - Coffeeshop 137 on the Brouwersgracht (a mere stone's throw up the road).

We head to CS 137 for the T&T arranged by Spidergawd as a send off. On the scene are several ACDers already - Danny, Spider, Muffet, Lemming, Lafe, Smirks, Matty, Macky and some I believe. It's nice to catch up with all these lovely faces again, in a more spacious environment than Stud or Balloon seemed to have offered the day beforehand. The staff are accommodating enough, allowing me to even sneakily set-up OHMF's e-nail for a few cheeky dabs of 24k shatter! :mrgreen: :wink: :twisted:

13:00 is fast approaching which was supposed to serve as both a T&T arranged by CC as well as a reception for Papi who arrived that afternoon. CC still haven't shown up, but just as I'm wondering to myself as to just where the hell they could be? When who should I glance to my phone to see but - Mr. CC is ringing me. CC tells me to head to Mr. K & Co. for their toke and talk, and that it was important because that was where Papi was expecting to meet us. I survey the scene, it seems that everyone will stay planted for a while, so I coax CC into to stopping by 137, and tentatively nixing the Mr. K plan. CC reluctantly agree and say they'll be along shortly. No sooner had I made such arrangements did an exodus begin. First a whole table of cats seemed to disappear in one fell swoop (the table with Lafe, Smirks, Danny and Macky I believe).

The group steadily begins to thin out once the first table made it's exit - and with good cause as the sun is mostly winning the war against intermittent cloud coverage outside. CC are still nowhere to be seen, I ring them in an attempt change plans - nothing! The fiets crew - consisting now of myself, Chopper Mike and the Yorkshire brothers are the last stragglers. We decide to take a "scenic" route through the Jordaan, heading vaguely in the directing of Mr. K & Co., going with the current of the universe so to speak. Some time later we find ourselves cycling along the Marnixstraat, and passing by Sound Garden. Taking note that the sun is still beaming down on us - for now - I suggest that give Sound Garden's very 420-friendly canal side terrace a shot - especially as a change of pace from last night's boxed in fumes at the Bat Cave.

The suggestion turns out to be a hit, and we enjoy lekker sunshine with the occasional draft or cloud bringing some crispness to the air, as teasing the mere tee-shirt I was rocking. Now we're following the ACD live thread closely trying to pin down the whereabouts of our other feline brethren. It seems a contingent of ACDers headed by Lemming did make it to Mr. K & Co. Me and OHMF quickly begin coaxing the lot towards us - with promises of sun, fresh air, dabs and lots of beer! Slowly the ACD takeover begins. We're quite lucky to have the venue mostly to ourselves, making for an excellent open-air session. The Sound Garden is a great spot to have on the one's list, it's basically Hill Street Blues with an open air terrace, and it serves the needs of the group quite handsomely. The dab rigs come out and it's choo-choo full steam ahead! Papi is the first to straggle in, we welcome him in style with some dabs and beers, it's good to see him after all this time and catch up.

I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket and who should I see on my caller-ID but Mr. CC finally checking back in, he and his missus have been M.I.A. for sometime now. He says they're at Paradox, which was the subsequent T&T venue, following Mr. K's, at 15:00 (it's around 14:45 now), I tell him the whole itinerary for today has gone to pot, and that the Mr. K crew were also already en route to SG. Realizing that cat herding is a futile and arduous undertaking, he relents and says he'll be there shortly with his missus and own ACD kitten-straggler in tow. Minutes later we greet CC and new arrival Nathan420 to the sunny terrace. This quickly turns into one of the better impromptu ACD sessions (was not on our tentative itinerary), and the crowd again becomes impressive in size. Good times are had, beers swilled, skin sun-burned, dabs ripped, etc. etc.

After a few hours in the sun, the group collectively is hit with a mean case of the munchies and begins to quickly dissipate and disperse in every which direction seeking relief for their grumbling tummies. The fiets A-team reunited again, we opt to head to Oud-West for the healthy array of options on offer at the Foodhallen. We mount our iron steeds, and shoot of westward to our destination. Mofo and I start off with some veggie-hipster options because we're kidding ourselves that we'll actually eat semi-healthy this week. When we go back for "second-courses" we end up breaking our vows, me with tacos him with bitterballen. Appetites sated, we contemplate a quick sesh at Kashmir Lounge up the street and around the corner. However, memory serves us that we had prior arrangements to rejoin the cat-herd at CS Rookies just off the Leidseplein, so again we're off back towards the hustle and bustle of the centrum. I enjoy a nice hot-chocomel, and a few bowls of my new wares in the Sticky Brick Junior. The Love Potion, offers a spicy, citrusy flavor with a strong but not overpowering heady high, also notes of earthiness and skunkiness. The Poison Berry is a more complex missus, can't quite pin down my thoughts on her. Sour fizzy notes of under-ripened blueberries and a hint of lime, and herbal notes - it's hard to get the right dialed in hit with it in the brick. For now, I'm more consistently pleased with the Love Potion, though I'm certain that if I can get the "right hit" from the Sticky Brick with the Poison Berry, that it'll be one which quite handily tickles my selective fancy.

This ends up being a quick session, as the canal reports to me that more goodies are to be collected from its shores, I enlist OHMF to accompany me on this scavenger hunt. We manage to find several wares for the ACD crew later, as well as some "Tyson's THC Syrup", 1000ml of THC. This is a refined THC-serum made from nug-run BHO and corn syrup, that I've heard only praises sung of, and from seasoned vets at that. Macky being the generous guy he is also gave me some funds to locate some more dabbables for the group, what a guy he is - so we ended up with some Gorilla Glue #4 Sugar Wax. Nice caramel color and gassy AF terps. The eventual plan is to yet again get settled in for a long-haul sesh at the Bat-Cave, but that's still at least an hour or two away. OHMF and I decide for a micro-sesh on the Warmoestraat. Hill Street Booze is too packed, so we head across the street to Bones & Co. I grab a beer and head for the back seeing some other local friends of mine. Just as going to sit down and greet them the house cat vomits all over the couch where I'm just about to pop a squat. Well that puts a damper on things. I move back to the front room, where OHMF is waiting put off by the dense tobacco smoke, vomiting cat, and an angry anti-social Brit patron looking for a fight, he decides to make a quick jaunt home for a shower, and phone-chat with his missus.

I decide that's my cue as well, and make my way to the Bat Cave in an effort to work my Deutsche magic single-handedly. It seems even more packed than the night before just my luck, but shortly after my arrival I'm able to secure a large swath of booth area in the back half of the room. CC quickly join me in the cave, as do others ACDers. The Yorkshire brothers, Lemming, Macky, Matty, KeyMonCha, Papi, Danny, Mowie (?) and many others I'm sure but can't conjure from my oh-so-hazy memory. Of note, is that the Bat Cave is just as smokey as the night before, and is just downright sweltering hot to boot. At first I just think it's me, could I be running a fever? But others chime in too with their discontent. I inquire with the bar tender upstairs, to which I'm met with (in the staunchest no fuckin' about British customer-service kinda way) "look love, I dunno what to tell ya, the lads have been down there all day smoking joints and shit, it gets hot, can't open the window because the neighbors complain, it is what it is!" Defeated, I go back downstairs. In an effort to escape my nauseous state in the unrelenting tobacco smog and sweltering Indian summer in the smoke room, I go around collecting some beer glasses (as is to some extent Batavia smoke room custom, for patrons) and returning them to the bar upstairs. This eases the previously hardened demeanor of the bar maiden, and I'm even rewarded with a few beers on the house for my efforts. Win-win-win! I'll take it, Another pair of beers that I assuredly spiked in the syrup-fueled madness of that particular evening.

Appetite still not sated from my overpriced, undersized but fully delicious Foodhallen offerings, I ask the bar for an entree recommendation to which they reply "Thai Beef Salad", one of those please!

"Ding-ding, order for ***!" My salad is impressively good, and well made, especially when you consider that this place is essentially a pub for stoners. Eventually the need for better seating to accommodate the e-nail (sockets) sees us migrate our group to the front half of the room. The dab-train gets underway, and we all take turns sampling the GG wax Macky was so generous to provide us with. Excellent gassy flavor profile, nice "hybridized" buzz and a strong but not overwhelming potency, very enjoyable stuff! Eventually the group thins out a bit more, and surveying our rag-tag group of stragglers, I see an opportune time to bust out the the syrup for some devilish fun. First order of business a tea-spoon poured directly into and well-stirred into my beer! The Fietsers all have their go on the syrup bottle, and then I dose up the remaining two - Lemming & Papi. Lemming makes an excellent target as he is clearly a man who enjoys intoxicant fueled conviviality at the pub (or CS), and we even get the dancing gopher dabbing again, something tells me this was one of his headiest nights. Papi happily accepts the offer, KeyMonCha who is also still with us, gives me a wary glance and politely declined - I attempt to goad the lad, but to no avail. Alas, more for the rest of us I reckon then! With the THC syrup spiked beers going around the dab-den in abundance things start getting wavy for our little hardcore squad real fast.

On the topic of this "Tyson's THC Syrup" I must take a brief Tangie tangent (it's made from the Tangie crumble) to rave about this stuff! . This is like "game-changer" good on the edibles front. My first thoughts are how fast the onset of effects are with this stuff, 10-15 minutes and you feel it. At first I thought it was some sort of optimistic placebo, but others quickly commented on how quickly the stuff kicked in, so there seemed to be a consensus. Additionally, incredibly efficient - a mere teaspoon is enough for most to be feeling niiiicee! A tablespoon will have almost anybody feeling niiiicee and some! Crackin' stuff, our favorite eye-rolling bastard Ricky dubbed it his favorite pick-up of the trip! That's accolades right there people!

Eventually we're left with surprise, surprise - the fiets squad yet again! The staff tell us to collect our glasses from the rookruimte as they're getting ready to close, looks like we've managed to "shut shit down" tonight! Exiting the hazy gloom and doom of the dungeon and into the crisp, sinful air of De Wallem and we're all struck down with a wicked case munchies. OHMF is rambling about some awful mass-produced, pre-frozen junk - like Dominoes pizza, if my memory serves me. Mr. CC quickly shut that notion down, and somehow we end up yet again en route to - I shit you not - Favorite Chicken, anyone seeing a pattern here?!

The night is no longer young, and we assess our situation and greasy fingers post-meal! We contemplate a night-capper at the Bulldog, but we arrive at the conclusion that, it will all but assuredly result in a "way too late" kinda night, so we agree to simply call it, opting instead get well-rested for the impending fuckery of the high-holiday the following day!
Last edited by Nuggz on Tue 25th Apr 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

4/20: The Big Day

"Woke up stoned at about noon
Just thought that I had to be in Mokum soon
I gotta get blazed before the day begins
Before my missus start bitchin' bout my ACD friends"

I rise to the beaming sun, not as stoned-over as I would have expected considering the copious amounts of syrup consumed the previous evening. I've already got some texts from Mr. Mofo on my phone, telling of plans of what else other than a la Grotte brekkie. I opt to skip this morning's edition and give my wallet a break, I am a local after all.

I stop by Albert Heijn and load up on some breads, yogurt, and fruit juice to put together my own makeshift nourishment for the morning. Back at home, I scarf down my breakfast and catch my bottle of Tyson's THC syrup on the dining room table, its glistening golden translucent splendor in the morning sun - it beckons me. It doesn't take much prompting, moments later I have some water on the kettle and and am prepping myself a "happy" green tea to usher this most revered of stoner-holidays. Per usual within 15 minutes I'm soaring away from baseline and in a grin-inducing stupor. I haven't vaped/smoked/dabbed anything so I know it's the syrup doing its magic and proffering this agreeable warm, glowing buzz. I yet again in-line with last year's mistake's feel the aura and mystique of the universe calling to me on this fine day, I decide to "enhance" the day with a microdose, - a quarter of a blotter-tab. It turns out that after a long hiatus from psychedelics, this dose isn't quite as micro as anticipated, and certainly makes things a hair more interesting to say the least.

A quick shower, and I'm back in touch with the Yorkshire brothers and Danes. The Yorkies are on a CS-crawl from Haarlemerbuurt to Spui plein via Spuistraat. I move at a leisurely pace, in no rush as the day has plenty to throw my way. My syrup bottle waning, I tell OHMF I want to head in the direction of a remote canal-side outside the hustle and bustle of the center, to retrieve more for our upcoming ganja-cruise. He agrees, and tell me that he and Ricky's crawl has moved southbound to Dampkring Original. I meet the lads out front, they go in for a buy and fly. Ricky being the roll-eyes lad that he is, isn't much up to the generous bike-ride I've propositioned him with. That works for, my bike is acting up and I don't trust taking it so far with a time crunch to go, so I swindle him out of his rental and park mine. Me and OHMF, leave Ricky to his own devices at Dampkring and caution the lad "not to go bumping his head or anything whilst we're away" - and like that we're off.

Perhaps in honor of revered psychonaut chemist Albert Hoffman, and thus bicycle day (only mere days prior - google) I am feeling quite "wonky" from that microdose on our two wheeled journey outside the city, certainly a generously dosed green tea isn't exactly helping the situation. Some time later, after a lengthy cycle we find ourselves alongside a glorious canal laden with with bottles of THC syrup, herbal remedies, and some more bits for the perpetual rolling dab-train: Tangie Crumble.

Whilst taking in the sun, sitting on the canal-side I take a few more pours of syrup, and a few tangie dabs. The Tangie, is also a fine sample of BHO, well purged, excellent flavor and potency - though I would say the 24k has it beat, at least a little, on both fronts. Business taken care of, we have a boat-ride to catch, and we head Northwest bound to the RLD. First, a detour to recollect Ricky from Spui area. The lad is out front of Dampkring, cig in his mouth and mammaries right raw and chafed from his excessive titty-aching! That sorted, we make for Warmoestraat to link up with the cat herd at Hillstreet Blues.

I head down to the lower smoking room and HSB, and am greeted by my favorite Danish compadres. I attempt to be semi-social but this paper really has me feeling funny. I decide how better to mitigate my incapacitated state than by topping up with some more syrup - brilliant, unassailable logic if I say so myself. I ask the waitress for a teaspoon, so I can more accurately "dose" my spiked tea - she naturally makes a cheeky remark asking me to exhale my meth hits outside the window. I chuckle partly because well "sick burn" (give credit where it's due), and partly because she in all irony looks like she's been through her own fair share of meth! 8) :lol: :twisted:

Finally the clock is inching ever so close to our scheduled boat launch at 16:00. We start to rally the cats and shoelace express the short jaunt from HSB to the Oude Kerk. There seems to be at least 2 dozen ACD'ers that have turned up for the boat-ride so things are looking promising - except the our boat is not parked in its launch spot. Nonetheless, a few moments later our "floating rookruimte" pulls up in all its glory and we begin to board. The CC and I secure a nice table booth in the rear of the cabin (or "dab-in", yeah I recycled that pun what of it?!). There's already some refreshments on board, chips, crackers, beers, soft drinks and water, etc. I'm still feeling weird of that quarter tab and increasingly so by the second (again constantly re-dosing did not help my state) I attempt to fight the mind-fucker by perpetually stuffing munchies down my gullet.

Given my cannatonic state, I largely abstain from further consumption during the first half-hour or so of the cruise, though I so brilliantly have been steadily nursing a syrup-spiked mango juice since the boat launched. As the boat takes us north-bound, out of the canals of de Wallen and into the open water of the Ij River I begin to partially come to, taking in the lovely scenery of Amsterdam's northern and southern banks. Smirks the water-pipe affiocicondo he is, shouts ahead to the boat-crew to inquire if the might have a bong available for use on-board, for use. The crew member of Smoke Boat Cruises shouts back (I shit you not) "what's a bong?" I quite literally spit up my THC-laden beverage at that point...it was definitely on of the best context-quotes of the entire week! You could only take in tongue-in-cheek because if not, the ignorance would've shat on our cruise like one massive buzzkill. Unfortunately we're a gang of cool-cats not prone to let much rain on our parade, so the the boat, good times and dab-train continued on course full-steam ahead.

After sometime on the boat I've coaxed myself closer to baseline, and compensate with some Tangie crumble dabs and a few communal Pax bowls of Silver Bubble to pass around. Seeing the opportunity to introduce more fuckery from up my sleeve, I whip out yet again my deadly little corn-syrup companion and begin propositioning unsuspecting ACDers with spiked beers and soft-drinks. The boat is no longer cruising, it's soaring!. An hour and a half gone by way to fast later, and we've come full circle and docked again in front of the Oude Kerk to disembark.

The cats all unload and rumblings of the herd moving to Utopia grace the conversation. I follow OHMF via shoelace express - the lad has syruped himself into oblivion and can no longer be arsed to cycle anywhere. We arrive at Utopia where star bud-tendress Ingi has blocked off a generous swath of seating for us as well as provided some grapes, drinks and candies as refreshments - V.I.P. treatment, much thanks! Not even a half-hour in, I get a frantic call from the missus "420 emergency" she says, "I'm out of papers". My better half still quite under the weather, I agree to bring her some skins. I arrive home goodies in hand, I vape a pax with my lovely lady, she's been sick and ACD is in town so I've seen less of her than I'd like this week, so it's good to catch up however brief. Before leaving I whip her up another flu-tea and spike it with a little extra herbal-remedy for a good measure, I kiss her goodbye and promise not to be out too late tonight! :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:

My missus all sorted. I arrange with OHMF to get the herd moving to our usual night-cap venue Batavia. Along the way Elastic Band messages me and says he's at Café Belgique. I anticipate OHMF taking a little while so I stop by and enjoy some beers and cannabis with EB at Belgique. He's got an ICmag judge pack so he shows me and lets me sample some of his wares, including his own Kandy Kush. I return the favor with a few spiked beers. The ACD crew have managed to beat to me to Batavia in my brief detour, and are wondering where I am. I bid EB adieu and tell him to stop by the dab-dungeon later for some more beers, syrup and well dabs...

Side note: Lemming has pointed out my inaccurate "mental attendance lists" for some of these sessions, so I'm just gonna assume the fiets squad was there (CC, OHMF & Ricky Dude) because I know they were with me every night and try to be semi-general for the rest. If you were indeed there please do chime in.

So as I recall it was the fiets crew, Macky and his missus/BIL, Lemming, Papi, MadMaxx, Danny, KMC, Omnibuz, Smirks, Chopper Mike and maybe some others plus or minus some on that list?

Enter Bat Cave, the ACD crew is in mostly full-force and OHMF already has the e-nail hot and ready to go. In his little dab corner. The lad are powering through the GG Sugar Wax, Tangie Crumble, Ambrosia Haze Mix Shatter, some mixed flower rosin and god knows what else. Naturally I see it as an opportune time to introduce more of that infamous Tyson's syrup back into the mix :twisted: .

The pours are soon lacing the beers and teas of the whole lot, and we are certainly one crispy bunch to say the least. At some point later yet, EB yet again makes an appearance to wish the ACD crew a happy 4/20. I pour him some more spiked beers and we chat it up again, he's not much of a dabber but I peer pressure him into ripping a cheeky glob of tangie crumble. He hacks up a lung, curses me saying "this is why I don't dab in public on the rare occasions I do!", and slumps into a cannatonic state hood draped over his droopy self - mission accomplished! :mrgreen: :twisted: .

While I'm faring much better in the smoke box, than the previous two evenings (I think I was even intentionally going light on the beers, per OHMF's constant titty-aching and prodding :wink: ), I still eventually need some respite from the smog of the rookruimte. Additionally all the others seem to be keen to call it a relatively early night as we intend to do an impromptu wake and bake at La Grotte, as a send off for most of the ACD who depart tomorrow!

Of course we hadn't grabbed any grub to munch on whilst in Batavia, so me and the Yorkshire brothers searched around for options, but it was too late to have a healthy variety of choice - thus heads hung low, and not bullshitting begotten, we went yet again for a cheeky chicken burger at the official late night munchies sponsor of the fiets-crew: Favorite Chicken. Oy, I wish I were making this up, and I'm sure my arteries do as well...le sigh!

After we've gobbled down our greasy morsels we again part ways with our intentions set on a farewell breakfast the next morning.
Last edited by Nuggz on Tue 25th Apr 2017 12:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

My report will be nowhere near this good! How in the hell have you remembered all this? 💪👍🤘
Bravo!
BongHug82

Post by BongHug82 »

Brilliant read Nugs 👏👏 Thanks man looking forward to more ☺️