Paradox

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Paradox

I like Paradox
97%
I don't like Paradox
3%

Total votes: 170

RoMoney

Re: Paradox

Post by RoMoney »

Had a cake for my flight home yesterday, they are no frills and taste really like Cannabutter, but defo pack a punch, good value at €6.50

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

The Paradox was one of the more cozy places, with people reading newspapers, playing games and enjoying just a coffee. I liked the atmosphere. It's a little hidden but in a nice quarter, and I finally found the Chocolope here that I had been looking for! I also like their price / bags policy, the Chocolope was available in 5€ bags (0,4g) or 12€ bags (1g) which is nearly the same price per unit but you can choose to take less. Ideal for completing your stash if you don't want to come over certain limits... I haven't tried it yet - but I will return here when I have.
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
Jaochoo

Post by Jaochoo »

Came to paradox after pancake bakery and anne franks.

Bought the alaska ice and super pollen which werent bad at all. And me the misses shared a slice of cake while drinking their mint tea.
The cake worked 😉 but still not as good as homegrown fantasy RIP

Love a dutch coffeshop that still has chess setz
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Paradox dated October 10, 2018. Thanks Notsofasteddie.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Paradox/ ... radox.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

... and here I am again: I liked the Chocolope I got here. In contrast to what I had heard it did not make me stay awake all night but was a well-balanced, funny and even little sleepy nice high. I saw they don't have it on the menu anymore.
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Got several cakes here this week, despite being a fairly basic cake it is by far and away the best value at €6.50 vs €10 approx for a lot of the other good cakes n none of which are as strong.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Had some purple chemdawg, bit dry and not much umpf. That said I like the shop for chilling.....didn't have any of their cakes this time :o :shock: :lol:
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Paradox dated August 18, 2019. Thanks to MHN.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Paradox/ ... radox.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Forgot to mention that the shop has two brand new Volcano Hybrid vaporisers :mrgreen: Had the cake and forgot to try out the Hybrid Volcano :lol: :wtf:
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

kiki1989

Post by kiki1989 »

All change in here :shock:

Gone is the bright open shop with the arty decoration. Setting themselves up as a fly and buy.

Darker walls and the counter has moved forward, taking up most of the stop. Only two tables seating four in total and with it minimal space. Quite disappointed tbh. Used to love an afternoon in here.

Grabbed some GSC which was nice and a space cake of course. Had a smoke there but was the only person who stayed for one.

^^^ this is about half of the shop floor ^^^
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

That's a shame :(

Can't really understand the thinking behind this. Going by the old maxim of 'if it aint broke, dont fix it', it's a strange move. It was always a cramped shop anyway - you were lucky to get a seat if you wanted one. How does reducing the capacity help that?

From an economic point of view - surely fewer people hanging around will equal fewer sales? Maybe they have that odd idea some places have that people are put off going inside somewhere that's too busy - but again, reducing the space will just make it look 'too busy' more often, so what's the benefit?

I know several coffeeshops that reduced seating/became by-and-fly because the staff were "sick of people treating it like their living room", but these were out-of-centre places that probably wouldn't see a drop in trade as a result of taking out the seats. The locals will likely still buy their weed from there. In the centre, where there are plenty of other shops to choose from, I'm not so sure this makes much sense.

Or maybe the smoking ban has hit them so hard no one sits down in there now? Either way, their 'new' Volcanos wont be getting much action, that's for sure.
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

May I use the menu picture on my coffeeshopmenus.org site?
I will credit you with the pic.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
kalima

Post by kalima »

kiki1989 wrote: Wed 10th Nov 2021 10:39 pm All change in here :shock:

Gone is the bright open shop with the arty decoration. Setting themselves up as a fly and buy.

Darker walls and the counter has moved forward, taking up most of the stop. Only two tables seating four in total and with it minimal space. Quite disappointed tbh. Used to love an afternoon in here.

Grabbed some GSC which was nice and a space cake of course. Had a smoke there but was the only person who stayed for one.

^^^ this is about half of the shop floor ^^^
is this their "new tempory" place next door or there old place renovated ?, as I saw a video , I think on their Facebook page, saying that the foundations of the building need sorting so they were next door in a smaller place whilst this work is done, and would then be back in the original place when the work was done,so fingers cross this is the case and the smaller shop with no seating is only until the building works are finished. A bit like YO-YO a few years back
kiki1989

Post by kiki1989 »

FlyByNite wrote: Thu 11th Nov 2021 05:10 am May I use the menu picture on my coffeeshopmenus.org site?
I will credit you with the pic.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Of course my mate; put it up for that reason just didn’t know the best way to go about it. Good to give something back :D
kalima wrote: Thu 11th Nov 2021 12:20 pm is this their "new tempory" place next door or there old place renovated ?, as I saw a video , I think on their Facebook page, saying that the foundations of the building need sorting so they were next door in a smaller place whilst this work is done, and would then be back in the original place when the work was done,so fingers cross this is the case and the smaller shop with no seating is only until the building works are finished. A bit like YO-YO a few years back
You might be accurate with this. Truth be told I came from a different direction compared to usual and was pretty f’in blazed. Maybe it was a different building altogether :lol: