The Balboa Family (formerly Andalucia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Andalucia

I like Andalucia
75%
I don't like Andalucia
25%

Total votes: 8

stoni

The Balboa Family (formerly Andalucia)

Post by stoni »

ACD Page: The Balboa Family

I went there because I wanted to try the Andalucia. My last information was 7€/g what is a fair price for a good smoke imo. To my surprise the menu said 24€/2g. Anyway I bought it. It was very good but you can get similar quality for less...

I´ve also bought some Nepal of poor quality for 14€/2g. I realy had to throw it away ^^. Dark, oily, stinky smoke with no effect. Don´t know what that was... looked like dirt mixed with crude oil.

Bar + Budtender are ok. Some people watching TV (soccer/football) and upstairs you can smoke tabaco.

puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

anyone else been to this CS, or can confirm tabac status?
cheers
courtjester

Post by courtjester »

I stayed right around the corner from it last year and never went inside. It wasn't for lack of trying. At that time, the sign on the window clearly stated it was a 7 a.m. opener. So I went there early one morning. Closed at 7:30. Closed at 8:30. Closed at 9.

I never bothered again after that, though I did go to Balou, on the same street, a couple of times, and can recommend it.
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

Munch Bunch Summary

Although rather small to look at from the outside, this coffeeshop had three full levels to offer. Each level consisted of different seating and wall effects. When we walked into the shop the first thing that strikes you is the shattered mirror effect on the ceiling. Variety and quality of drugs were generally quite good but nothing amazing we sat on the third floor by the windows where we were all alone to discuss the shops ratings. The viewpoint although nice due to elevated positioning was quite bland. There was a moderately busy street but not actually much going on and only building to look art opposite. Never the less due to having three different options for view we rated this above average. An interesting choice of drum and bass and techno for music downstairs, only which was a little loud for enjoyment. On the above two floor have a speaker system set up but no music playing. Sitting around you get a mysterious feeling, one that could represent the Middle East. Golden-rimmed multi colour lights hang from the walls and in some kind of strange lighting effect to the otherwise empty room. We can hear people laughing on the low floor, which makes you feel at ease with the environment. My memory of the shop consists of music continuous singing the words ‘baseline baseline’. Which got rather annoying rather quickly. Things that let this place down were lack of any food, the toilets were inconveniently on the third floor and were very basic and unclean,. Other then these pints it was a very average coffeeshop with some quite drab styles.

Mr Oranje
:twisted:

More at [Amsterdam Rated]
http://www.CoffeeshopsRated.com - We have rated over 50 Coffeeshops now!!
redeyed

Post by redeyed »

Visit date?and the all important quality of weed purchased? :?
redeyed

Post by redeyed »

Visit date?and the all important quality of weed purchased? :? I.e specific strains?
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

We went in August 2008 and that is with all the shops we visited. To be honest we cant remember all the types we tried as it was hard enough to focus on giving ratings :twisted:

14 days packed solid of testing copious of drugs does make the most intelligent of us slightly skew wiff.
codejd

Post by codejd »

just went there the other day...thought the tubs were kind of shaky but the budtender was very nice and produced some more than decent Cheese Skunk and Master Kush...opens early!
Donkey smell.
thegandhi

Re: Andalucia

Post by thegandhi »

to go and chill at, this is actually one of my favorites. The couches, lighting and mirrors make the upstairs areas really a nice place to go and relax at.
Mr Oranje

Post by Mr Oranje »

Sitting around you get a mysterious feeling from the golden-rimmed multi colour lights hang on the walls which creates a strange lighting effect to the otherwise empty room. The seating around us was slightly uncomfortable and had various different coloured felts covering them. The décor on this level could represent the Middle East. We could hear people laughing on the lower floor, which makes you feel at ease with the environment. My memory of the shop consists of music continuously singing the words ‘baseline, baseline’, which got rather annoying rather quickly. Things that were a bit of a let down here were the lack of food, the toilets being inconveniently located on the third floor and the fact that they were very basic and unclean. Other than these points it was a very average coffee shop with some drab styles that represented a lack of effort by the owners.

Rated in 2008/09 Season for all the haters

All the rankings I did can now be found at my site.
Last edited by Mr Oranje on Wed 24th Aug 2011 04:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

when i went there alone a few years back it was like a jihad meeting in there...bunch of old pissed off (middle eastern muslim?) men....they wanted to tell me about how an american cruise missle blew up their town...they invited me to smoke the hookah and discuss(yell at me about how america sucks in thier eyes)..upstairs was nice and dark so i bought some deisel and got baked upstairs...the music was pumpin right thru me arab style techno...but the smoke was decent
rockin into the night
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Mr Oranje wrote:Sitting around you get a mysterious feeling from the golden-rimmed multi colour lights hang on the walls which creates a strange lighting effect to the otherwise empty room. The seating around us was slightly uncomfortable and had various different coloured felts covering them. The décor on this level could represent the Middle East. We could hear people laughing on the lower floor, which makes you feel at ease with the environment. My memory of the shop consists of music continuously singing the words ‘baseline, baseline’, which got rather annoying rather quickly. Things that were a bit of a let down here were the lack of food, the toilets being inconveniently located on the third floor and the fact that they were very basic and unclean. Other than these points it was a very average coffee shop with some drab styles that represented a lack of effort by the owners.

All the rankings I did can now be found at my site.
You have to stop doing this, please. You are re-posting a review you already posted here a couple years ago. It's confusing and deceptive that you are posting reviews from 2008 and not saying so. I don't care what the shop was like in 2008, I want to know what's going on now, or at least recently. Please stop trying to use this site for the sole reason of driving traffic to yours...but why you think anyone is interested in the coffeeshop scene from the previous decade, I have no idea...and it's damn sneaky to pretend this is all recent info...
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

...And your website says the review is from Spring 2010...but you clearly posted the review in this thread in 2009...

What is your deal? You've lost all credibility with me...Not cool, man.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Crapulinski

Post by Crapulinski »

Last edited by Crapulinski on Wed 29th Jan 2020 02:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
treetop

Post by treetop »

So I popped in here in July 2012. I was on my bike and the shop was empty. It was daytime. I parked on the street outside the shopand went inside. The BT first asked me to move the bike from in front of the shop. Why? Cos it looks untidy and may deter customers. I obliged. The weed was ok. I smoked downstairs. The seating and atmosphere was uncomfortable. I felt like given very little else to do the BT was watching me for any possible infractions. He checked that I was smoking pure a couple of times. Chided me for making a mess and was generally a PITA.

I will not be returning. The BT saw to that. Obviously they don't want my kind around those parts! The weed wasn't bad at all. Forgot what I had. Tried to go upstairs but the BT told me it was closed!

Next!
How much did you produce?