Easiest way to grow?

Including growing tips and questions.
Pauli Wallnuts

Re: Easiest way to grow?

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Boner wrote:Here's some inspiration for what can be done on a micro sized grow, I think he's done a pretty awesome job: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=207991
thats quality, &your right it is inspirational, it just shows the tiniest space u can grow weed 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Quality post there boner.

Thats put a seed in my head...
Hunting for crystals
Panog

Post by Panog »

DanFromUk wrote:Quality post there boner.

Thats put a seed in my head...
Oh I know what you mean buddy, now that's in your head it's too late, you have to grow :)
Cal X

Post by Cal X »

That was inspiring! :)
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Been looking at the CFL lights (dont need a reflector as getting 1 donated) and wandering about the merits or usefullness of a duel spectrum CFL. Does or has anyone used them before?. Spotted 1 here: http://www.basementlighting.com/Merchan ... rod/elc125

While we are not intending to have quite as small a growing space as in the link posted in the previous page we do however want to have as small a space as we feel we can work with and cover it with reflective material. But at 125w duel spectrum will that really be enough (as a minimum) for a single plant?. I guess during the flowering stage if needed we could always top it up with a 65w or 85w flowering light (about £10 I gather) depending on how growth goes depending on the final growing space?.
dwain82

Post by dwain82 »

USBONGLORD wrote:send me yer beans...thats my way :mrgreen: :lol:
i'll send u some nice UK beans USBL if i can come smoke on the finished plants when u done :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TRIPS TO THE DAM = 29
soon to be the magic 30 on 12th may 2015
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Boner wrote:Males can't be smoked, only good for breeding.
The one Dan linked to looks like a good deal to me if cfl is the way you're thinking of going, you wont get much cheaper either.
If you dont want to go down the carbon filter route then get a ona block, personally I'd get a fan/carbon filter as the air needs to be moved/exchanged stagnant air is no good for your plant, you'll need a desk fan as well, I find the 6" clip on ones are great.
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/c ... vest.shtml
0) Maturity and THC
"...Both male and female plants contain THC. In fact, some research has shown
that in the early stages of growth the males actual ly contain more THC
than the females (Frank and Rosenthal, Marijuana Grower's Guide, p. 66)."

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_male_marij ... s_have_THC
http://www.thctips.com/thc-cannabis-plants.php

I could go on, but I think the point has been made.
Dis- or misinformation?

Happy farming...
Boner

Post by Boner »

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Wanted to bring this up again as we may well have a new and better growing location option after the m8 bottled out on the last option after concerns of obvious oudour control issues (cos we never wanted to do down a carbon filter road for the first test grow) against regular visitors to his place. That idea was to grow in a cupboard in his spare bedroom leaving the loft hatch open to help with ventelation or to grow in the loft altogether, with both options intending to grow a single plant in a kind of grow box with a fan to help with air flow.

The new option seems far better in many ways from my mind but thought to ask on the issue in case we might be missing something. We now have the possable use of a celler to try again for a first grow. To me this seems better on the face of it as it's of cause under the house behind an always closed door to the celler that nobody really uses and certainly ever goes down and offers possably great oudour release control into the house because I think there is a second door in the celler at the bottom going into the celler space.

The celler sounds to be a fairly large room with plenty of space barring a load of shite this friend has down there. Best of all I'm told that there is a fireplace in the celler that still aparently vents air to the top of the house and the rest of the house is fine because it's all bricked as it uses gas heating\radiator.

The idea for now would assumingly (after having a chat with m8) to test and confirm that the celler fireplace is indead oped to vent oudour to and out via the roof. If that works then to effectivly build a grow box of sorts into the open fireplace and use the airflow from that for ventilation and oudour control. Does this sould a good idea to try or are we still missing something obvious?.
Boner

Post by Boner »

If you dont run the air through a carbon filter it will possibly stink the house up or stink outside, they are essential, dont even try growing without one.

Cellars are great but again without proper ventilation you will more than likely end up with high humidity, this will cause you to get bud rot which makes the buds unsmokeable, honestly do it properly or not at all as you'll be wasting time, money and effort.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Loftmonkey

Post by Loftmonkey »

buy some 3x2, visquine sheeting, not clear, build ya own greenhouse, stick em outside, no running costs, have to wait till march like, but you've been setting this up for months so 2 more wont hurt ya fella

12/12 - blackout sheeting, chuck it over job done :lol:

do like the spring/summer, means i have 2 gardens

dont forget ya nuits!!!

happy farming
oohhh smooth...